AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Friday, September 03, 2004

Hurricane Frances 2004

Hurricane Frances is now just off the coast. Though it has weakened, it is still considered a very powerful and dangerous storm. More than 2.5 million people along the coast have been evacuated. The storm is expected to cover the entire state.

Because it is slow moving, it is expected to hang over the state for days. Bridges are closing. Homes and businesses are boarded up.

Here in Mayberry, there are a handful of homes that refuse to believe anything is going to happen. They haven't taken any measures to protect their homes. They haven't vacated their homes. They seem to be going about their normal everyday activities.

My walk-in closet shelter is prepped and ready to go. I'm doing laundry and running the dishwasher now -in case our house isn't destroyed, but we have no power for a few days. I'm going to cook dinner early. I'm also making a cold pasta salad for dinner for tomorrow.

It feels kind of weird to have had this much time to get ready.

They're warning us not to take comfort in the slowing of this storm system. They're saying that as it slows it may actually gather strength.

Keep tuned in for updates.

|

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like you are as ready as anyone could be. Keep those positive energies going girl. I'll be thinking of you all. Sorry this is not on haloscan comments but I have the worst trouble opening them and tonight I had to give up. Kay

    By Blogger night-rider, at 11:39 AM  

  • Uhhh. . .why are you still in Florida?
    Absolutely no disrespect intended here, I'm sure you can dig it, but is a walk-in closet sufficiant shelter with a storm that can tear roofs off of houses?
    Kudos for bravery, but I think you should consider playing it a little bit safer. . .that is unless that's not an option.
    Either way, Godspeed. Let us know what's what.

    By Blogger Mr. Grim, at 2:08 PM  

  • HR Lady,

    Be safe, I have friends down their as well near Daytona, they are hunkering down, My one bud said his house is as dark as night with everything boarded up!! Be good, we will be hoping for the best for all of you.

    By Blogger Ari, at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home