AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Saturday, August 21, 2004

If I don't have

THE BEST READERS/FRIENDS in the whole world, I don't know who does. Thanks to everyone who expressed concern, gave encouragement, advice, and shared their own "tragedies." Nothing hurts so deeply as family troubles -particularly when it's your own Mother doing it to ya. I'm feeling a lot better. I don't think I'll ever be completely okay with the way things are, but I'm not depressed anymore and I feel okay with shutting off that chapter of my life for a while. If you pray, please pray that they move farther away -that would make all of this a lot easier. Now you know one of the pitfalls of living in a small town.

In other news, with all of the positive thoughts and prayers coming from all of you special people and my real world friends, something pretty cool has happened. I don't know if you're aware, but I spend approximately 1 to 2 hours a day sitting in a lineup outside of the elementary school waiting to pick up my son every day. The line usually stretches for about 1/4 of a mile out of the very long school driveway. I like to be the first one in line so I always get there obnoxiously early and sit eating my lunch, read a book, take care of correspondence, etc., etc. Well that was last year. This year the secretaries didn't like to see me out there in this gosh-awful heat. They asked me to come inside to the AC. They said they had stuff I could help with if I wanted. I agreed -I like helping others -especially in the Air Conditioning (LOL).

I've been helping them for about two weeks now. Just the other day they said, "HR Lady, have you ever thought about being a substitute teacher?" In working with me every day they've learned my various skills and decided I'd be a great substitute teacher. So I asked about the particulars and learned it wouldn't be too hard to get started. I was very excited. Don't know if I've ever told you people, but I always wanted to be a teacher. In high school my teachers talked me out of it. Told me there was no money in it.

Now that I've been a stay at home Mom for a while, I've got my housecleaning routines down to no time at all (thanks to Scooterdeb and the Fly Lady) , with the kid in school there's very little to do in the house, and I miss my old Human Resources income -afterall, 95% of my income was luxury money; hubby payed all the bills. I don't want a full-time job and I still want to be home when kiddio is home. The substitute teacher job is perfect for me. I only work when I want to work. If they call and I have things to do or just don't feel like it I just tell them I'm already busy. I'll still be able to dedicate time to volunteer work for the church. I'll still be able to maintain my secret identities -HR Lady, Mega Mom, Wonder Wife, Happy Homemaker, Courageous Catholic and Voluptious Volunteer, but I'll also be earning a little fun money without asking hubby for money. And I'll feel more productive. I'll have more direct contact with other adults (and more children). I'll probably find more to blog about -the political crap of working with others, the antics of children, the interaction with parents, the apalling wardrobes of some of the mothers that show up at the school (don't they care if they embarrass the crap out of their kids?).

Well, that's my good news.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home