AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Words I never expected to utter, drunk or sober: "I'm a Cocktail!"

Near teetotaler that I am, it seems odd to compare myself to a drink, but Kandy did it, so, being the copycat that I am, I did it too!

And I qualify as...
Cocktail
Cocktail


?? Which Alcoholic Drink Are You ??
brought to you by Quizilla

Meanwhile, I must apologize for the lack of a "Monday Mayberry Moment" yesterday. Between first being busy with school going back, son's birthday, depression, and then recovery and applying for the substitute teacher position, there's either been no Mayberry Moments or I've just been too self absorbed to take notice. But I have a good one for next week and I'll bed developing it over the next few days.

My best friend, with whom I've been friends since the 3rd grade, Chris, has flown in from Jersey and is only here for a week. My posts may be sporadic for just a little longer. Today I'm doing all my housework and re-organizing my closets and storage in my bedroom. Tomorrow I'll be doing my prep work for the tamales I'm serving for dinner Thursday night -there's nothing like 8 for dinner. Tamales are time consuming. I'll do all the assembly and prep tomorrow then stick the stockpot into the fridge until Thursday afternoon when I'll take them out to stick 'em on the stove to steam.

I also have to mow this afternoon -Can you hear me cringing? And put our new mattress in our bedroom. I wouldn't let the unsavory looking delivery guys put it in the bedroom. I had them leave it in the foyer. I don't want them checking the place out for their homies who'll come and rob me next week. And I made sure I tipped them enough to stop for some lunch -gotta keep the scary ones happy. LOL. Actually, they were kind, polite, professional, etc., -they just looked like they might have all the wrong friends, if ya know what I mean.

Okay, I'm off to boil the chicken for the tamales and clean the house.

|

1 Comments:

  • I have a brother who is a police officer, and although it is not a reason to judge. He says, anyone who rides in the passenger seat of a "moving company" truck or furniture company truck has a warrant for their arrest and that is why they don't drive. :)

    By Blogger Mike, at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home