AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Friday, August 06, 2004

I'm Baa-aack!

I'm mostly all better now. Thanks everyone for all your well wishes. It's been a miserable week. I'm not one to get sick for a long period. Usually I'll fight whatever ails me in record time. I have no patience for being ill. This time no matter how hard I fought, it kept coming back at me.

Maybe it was a sign that I needed some more rest. Who knows? It just makes me twice as glad that I shop Sam's Club, cuz it meant I had gigantic packs of every kind of food, so no worries about these guys starvin' while Mom was sick. The kid was wonderful, kept feeling my forehead and making me tea, bringing drinks, calling Dad at work with updates, etc, etc,. I started worrying about me when after being particularly violently ill one night I saw hubby looking at me with worried eyes. He's such a punkin'! He wanted to take me to the hospital two or three days ago -he couldn't believe I couldn't even keep down crackers and tea.

A word to the wise... If you've been really ill for days and are finally starting to feel better, don't decide that you want to mow the lawn in the 93 degree/90% humidity -it will definitely result in a relapse. Hubby wanted to know what I was thinking. I was thinking the lawn looked like hell and I'm going to be very busy this weekend with the Church Picnic and Monday with my Ladies Auxiliary meeting and Tuesday is the first day of school. Anyway, I decided to postpone this week's Monday Mayberry Moment until next Monday.

I'll have to think of something else to post about besides being sick.

|

1 Comments:

  • I am sorry but I really had to laugh at the lawnmowing part- I SO identify. I have done this... and lived to regret it. The only explanation is that you are so sick of being sick that you just don't think straight.

    I guess that's it!

    Great blog.... hope you are making it through the hurricane alright.

    By Blogger IlonaGarden, at 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home