AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Monday, August 16, 2004

Monday Mayberry Moment or, "The Baptists are Coming! The Baptists are Coming!"

Yeah, had to skip the last two Monday Mayberry Moments between illness and the start of school and a huge birthday party. Sorry about that.

So this week's Monday Mayberry Moment brings us right to the front door of HR Lady's humble abode. Two weeks ago, only hours after posting that week's Monday Mayberry Moment, there came a knock on the door. I was in the master bath talking to hubby while he shaved. Small son was in the dining room playing (don't know why, since toys aren't allowed in my dining room). He yelled, "Mom, somebodies at the door."

I headed toward the dining room yelling, "Well, is it anybody we know?" He said, "I don't know. They're in a car. There's tons of them. They're all over the street."

Choking back laughter as I came into the dining room envisioning thousands of door to door salespeople scurrying up and down the street like ants. I stood across the room and looked out through the bay window. There were indeed tons of them. Whoever had been at our door had already walked away. These people were at the doors or walking toward the homes of every one of my neighbors. I went and opened my door thinking I'd try to find out what was going on.

When I opened my door, I looked down and saw PAMPHLETS. "Aha!, " I thought to myself, "Jehova's Witnesses!!!" But, boy was I ever fooled! Apparently the Foot Washin' Baptists are now so desperate to fill their church that they've got to come knockin' door to door at dinner time.

Shame I didn't answer the door in time. They love to lecture me on how wrong we Catlics are to be baptizin' our babies. That we worship Mary (We don't worship her -some people are just too ignorant to try to understand differences in religions, cultures, etc.) and a multitude of other sins. They frequently forget to "judge not lest ye be judged," "brother take the beam from your eye, before you help me to remove the splinter from mine."

Oh well. That's all I've got for this week. It probably would have been a lot more amusing if I'd actually spent time educating, er uh, talking to the Baptists, but I didn't need my feet washed that night.

|

1 Comments:

  • i liked the mormons (or are they morons ?) that popped by last year. one was ever so good looking. i offered them tea, coffee, wine, beer - but they settled for plain old water. Q explained to me why afterwards ...

    By Blogger zoe, at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home