AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Friday, August 13, 2004

Hurricane Charlie

It's looking real bad. They canceled school. It's now heading straight for us. I am VERY scared. And really worried for anyone who lives in a trailer. We're trying to get our Church friend, Miss Bea, to come stay with us. Her retirement home is a trailer. We tried unsuccessfully last night to persuade her to stay with us. We're going to try again today. The forecasts are grim. They're saying trailers will be torn apart. Windows blown out. I'm terrified. I'm praying. Pray for all of us here in Florida.

The birthday party was a terrific success. Everyone came who promised to. The kid received tons of great gifts and more than $100 in cash. Father Peter, our parish priest, played air hockey with the kids. He was so funny. We all shared hurricane preparedness tips. We all shared our fears. We checked on our friends plans. The last guests didn't leave 'til 11:30. I was up 'til 1:30 putting all the lawn furniture, etc., into the shed. I got woke up at 7:30 by a friend calling to check on our readiness for the storm.

|

1 Comments:

  • Please give us an update when you can! My Uncle was up today from Florida for a funeral and was worried sick about my Aunt who stayed home. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home