AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Giggles

Sort of a guest entry today if you will. Knott posted this to my haloscan comments and I wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

Here's one for you:
An unbelievably rich old man was getting ill and infirm, and knew that he didn't have long to live. So, he called his beautiful young wife to his side and told her, "When I die, I only ask one thing from you."
"Anything, darling," she told him sweetly.
"When I die," he announced, "I want to buried with my money. All of my money."
"If that's what you want, dear," she agreed.
Not long after this conversation, the rich man passed away. Many people knew of his request, and they all watched the new widow carefully at the funeral. Sure enough, during the graveside ceremony, the young widow produced a small box and placed it in the casket, then had the lid lowered and the coffin put to rest.
Afterwards, her best friend approached her and asked her about the box.
"You know, he wanted to be buried with his money," the young widow said.
The friend marvelled at how faithful to her husband's wish the young widow was.
"You are such a good person," the friend told her. "And I'm actually surprised that all of that money fit into so small a box!"
"Actually," the widow said, "I tried, but it wouldn't fit. So I deposited it in my bank account and just wrote him a check."

Not meant to be man or woman bashing, just heard it and thought it was funny!


The next one came from a non-blogging friend of mine, Nancy:

Adam was walking around the Garden of Eden feeling very lonely, so God asked him, "What is wrong with you?"
Adam said he didn't have anyone to talk to. God said he was going to give him a companion and it would be a woman, "This person will cook for you and wash your clothes; she will always agree with every decision you make. She will bear your children and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them."
"She will not nag you, and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you've had a disagreement. She will never have a headache, and will freely give you love and compassion whenever needed."
Adam asked God: "What will a woman like this cost?"
God said, "An arm and a leg."
Adam said, "That's a little steep. What can I get, say, for just a rib?"

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home