AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Friday, July 15, 2005

Title? We don't need no stinkin' title

So Monday was the most recent checkup at the Obstetrician.  I have to go every two weeks now.  It's killing me.  I'm the type who NEVER goes to the doctor.  I have to be near death and in absolute misery before I'll even consider going to the Doctor.  Here I am, probably healthier than I normally am because I'm watching everything for Baby Vincent, and yet at the Doctor every few weeks.  It's frustrating, though quite necessary.

Anyway, Dr. H says everything is fine.  Did an internal and the heartbeat shebang.  I've been feeling like this baby is huge compared to what I remember of older son ten years ago.  I said to Dr. H, "Dr. my other son was a full 8 lbs, which is a fairly large baby, and I don't remember feeling this much movement and in as many places as early as this.  People can actually see my tummy moving without even trying to look.  Do you think this is going to be a large baby?" 

Dr. H smiles sweetly and nonchalantly replies in his faint mid-eastern accent, "Oh, yes.  I think maybe this is a bigger one."  Words that strike fear in the hearts of every 5'3" and under woman in the world.

Needless to say, I'm more than a little nervous and was unable to press him as to just exactly HOW BIG is a "bigger one".  I have to go back again on the 25th.  I'm hoping that Dr. A will tell me without pressing.  I'm kind of almost afraid to ask.  Then there's the added problem of that it's all really just guesstimating.  They really don't have a definite way of knowing.  And the guy who works with hubby had a pregnant wife who delivered day before yesterday.  About a week or two before her due date, the Dr. told her he thought her baby was around 10 lbs, and, since she's such a tiny woman, they should go ahead and plan on a c-section.  Well her baby was born and is only 7 1/2 lbs.  I don't want them putting me through an unnecessary c-section.  Actually, I don't want a c-section at all.  I've already pushed out an 8 pounder.  Surely I can handle a SLIGHTLY larger babe, right?  So shy of breach, I have no intention on submitting to a c-section, but that girl has the same Dr. that I do.  So I'm kinda nervous. 

Of course Chris at Rude Cactus (see links at left) and his wife Beth are also worrying about the whole c-section thing since the beanette has recently decided to flip back over butt first in her Mommy's weary womb.  So, maybe I should stop being a whiner lest my wee one decide to do similarly worrisome acrobatics.

In other news, I'm sick of the Florida heat.  Even the walk out to the mailbox is like stepping into a sauna.  I'm giving thanks everyday that we've been missed by both Hurricane Dennis AND Hurricane Emily, but I do wish they'd just spun out to sea rather than hitting other areas.  Those of us who live along the Gulf were tortured enough last year.  These Hurricanes are really a threat to one's sanity.

I found re-newed joy in the internet while I was 2 weeks without a modem.  I would go back to posting more often, but then I'd really confuse everyone when I had to drop out of sight for a while when Baby V.J. comes into the home stretch.  If you want to pray for anything for me, pray for a miracle -pray that I'll be this amazing powerhouse of energy after our Baby Boy comes.  I'm so worried about neglecting the house and the Big Brother and the meals and the Hubby.  I know that's the least of things, but...

Well, HR Mommy signing off.  Feel free to share your two cents.  Ask questions if you like. 

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home