AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Heat heat go away...

It was up into the mid 90s already and we hadn't had rain in weeks.  Our grass is so dry that I came in from mowing covered in dirt from riding through many dust clouds kicked up by the mower.  I've been watering daily for weeks now.

At long last, I was wide awake from 2:00 this morning until I was lulled to sleep by the enticing rumble of thunder and the tinkling of rain drops falling over the roof vent of the range hood.  For the first time in weeks, we've had a lovely soaking.  It stayed dreary gray nearly all day.  The forecast calls for NUMEROUS showers and thunderstorms tonight and  then scattered showers and thunderstorms after midnight.  How beautiful those words sound to me.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home