AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Sunday, September 05, 2004

UPDATE Hurricane 2004; 5:30 AM Well, I tried to do a photo update but...

My darned photo host is down.  That sucks.  I woke up at 5:30 AM when I heard my printer click back on.  That means we lost power for a while.  I don't know how long.  I wish I knew.

The rain bands at the fringes of the hurricane are now over us.  It's raining hard.  At present winds are at 25 mph.  Not too bad yet.  We're presently under a flood watch and a tornado watch in addition to the hurricane advisory.  They're still anticipating the hurricane's eye hitting us around 2 PM.  It's unbearably dark in here, but at least we're relatively safe. 

I must say, I am SICK AND TIRED of watching hurricane coverage.  And it now sounds like it's not expected to leave the state until tomorrow.  I worry for those whose businesses were depending on this Labor Day weekend revenue.  I worry for anybody who's too poor to buy wood to cover their windows.  Believe it or not, some people down here don't even have home owners insurance -once the home is paid off it's not a requirement.

Well, this is me in Hurricane torn Florida.  BTW, another one is right behind this one.  Goes by the name of Ivan.  IVAN GO HOME.

|

2 Comments:

  • Gosh, where are you. Hope you're ok.

    By Blogger night-rider, at 9:37 AM  

  • I was in Florida at the time of Hurricane Frances too. We were on a family holiday! Hope u r ok. We got safely home 6 days afta the hurricane ended!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home