AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Saturday, July 10, 2004

I fought the lawn and ...

I won!!!

Actually, yesterday I was unable to mow because the pull cord thingy ended up getting caught under the other thingy inside the housing. Hubby had to fix it last night.

This morning (on a Saturday of all days) I got up early and mowed. I'm done. I got very dirty and sweaty, but not bug eaten. I'm now showered and drinking three or four hundred gallons of icy cold water. I want to run into town and get a movie, but I'm achy as heck and not at all sure there's anything we'd want to watch. Hubby's working late today.

Tomorrow we're going to the beach. BTW, in case you don't know, tomorrow is 7-11. If you go to a 7-11 convenience store anytime after 11:00 a.m. they give a bunch of stuff away. Last year it was hot dogs, slushies, etc. I only know this because 7-11 is hubby's anniversary of becoming a Permanent Resident (this is an Immigration term -hubby has lived in this country for more than 20 years), which means just about one more year and he'll be eligible for citizenship at long last. And he makes for such a good and patriotic American. And a super hubby.

Okay, if I think of the terribly amusing story that I thought of late last night, I'll post again later. Right now I'm tired and achy -you're right Zoe, one with a bad back is not meant to be mowing.

|

1 Comments:

  • Good on you for mowing the lawn. For some reason I get some sort of kick out of mowing ours. It must be the streak of masochism in me.

    So where did your hubby come from? Mine's English, so had to go through lots of redtape to live here, just as I did when we lived in the UK. Worth every bit of hassle though :)

    Fi
    Kiwifruit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home