AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Friday, June 25, 2004

What a couple of schmos we are..or I am

So today we went back to take our walk again. To the same park. We found a different trail. A nice paved one (unlike Wednesday's trail to hell and back). With little benches to stop and rest and put on a band-aid if you get a blister. If you get far enough along the path, you come into the next little excuse for a town and there's a general store within view of the path where you could go get a bottle of water if you were foolish enough to start out without one. There are other people on the path to make you feel you're not alone in the wilderness -actually I think their purpose in being there was excercise, not to help us feel more secure, but heck it made me feel better to see other people.

We walked 30 minutes in one direction and then turned back. I had promised to get home by 9:00 a.m. for Pokemon and Yugi-oh cartoons. And 8 year old legs start aching after about 5000 steps. Total steps for todays walk: 7123 and I haven't even run my errands (library, church bulletin board, pick up a video for tonight) or done my housework (more laundry and more dusting -what else is new?) yet. I just can't remember how many extra steps per day they say you should take. I've decided to try walking every Mon, Wed, Fri for at least an hour and work out at home on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. On the seventh day she rests.

Tonight we're having leftover pizza. I don't know what I was thinking ordering two extra large pies for the three of us. I must have been remembering when hubby's cousin and brother lived in the apartment downstairs up North and we'd always invite them up when we ordered pizza. So we have one extra pie plus to extra slices left over from Wednesday night. I'll heat it in the oven on my pizza stone -I hate microwaved pizza. I'm also going to make some homemade rice pudding for hubby just to spoil him because I know I'm a pain in the ass sometimes, even if he never complains.

Okay, off to get dressed for errands (and put makeup on so I don't scare anybody). Have a good day.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home