AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Monday, July 25, 2005

So we had our 34 1/2 week check up today...

Our next check up is in two weeks.  I kind of tried to weedle out of Doc just how big he thought this pumpkin growing inside me is going to be.  He wouldn't wage a guess this early, but he did say he's already around 6 lbs NOW.  For some people 6 lbs is a normal size baby. 

I will now go rifling through my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" to try to find anything that might indicate a way of guesstimating birth weight based on weight at the 34 week check-up.  Probably isn't anything there.

I can actually make out the outline of a well rounded thigh ending in a knee that frequently juts out just about rib-cage level and the sharp corner of an elbow just behind my belly button.  This kid is STRONG.  When he gets hiccups, you can actually SEE my belly jump from a couple of feet away.  At times my entire belly seems to vibrate with motion.  And when Baby V.J. moves, it's like having a tractor trailer go rolling over my bladder and bowels. 

How am I going to walk around another 5 1/2 weeks like this?  Stay tuned for future updates. 

;D

|

1 Comments:

  • Glad to hear the bub's doing well. Five and a half weeks will go quickly and you'll be up half the night feeding and walking the floor then so you should be able to get plenty of blogging done in the wee small hours. I'm sure everything will go well with the birth and hope we get to see photos of him.

    By Blogger night-rider, at 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home