AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Warning to all current or future substitute teachers:

Beware!  If your child, your neighbors child, your niece, your nephew, your grandchild, or any child in attendance at the school you'll be subbing at tells you that Mrs. X's class is the worst class in the whole school, BELIEVE IT!  Don't even bother making polite Christian noises about how no one group of people can be that bad, etc., etc.

Yes, folks, yesterday I had the class from hell.  I, who don't approve of teachers screaming at kids, was one octave below screaming continuously all day.  I came home with one hell of a headache -an aggravation headache.  By the afternoon I had already written a student up and sent him to the Vice-Principal's office.  After lunch I managed to tame most of the beasts.  The children freely admitted that their teacher had already written up thirteen of 20 children in the class.

I like to think I handled things well.  I can't be sure, but I think so.  If only they hadn't given me that headache, it wouldn't have been too awful a day.  I'm seriously considering going back to school so that I could teach full time.  I'm not committing to that yet, but it could happen.  There's a real teacher shortage here and there are all kinds of financial aid for potential teachers. 

Well, I'm off to Mass.  Catch ya later.

|

2 Comments:

  • It is a little depressing some days.

    I can remember the first time that I realized that every single day I know that I am going to be facing a battle. And if I let my guard down for even a moment they will run all over me!

    It was a sad day.

    By Blogger Matt Harmless, at 3:49 PM  

  • Where are you? We all miss you. Come back to us.

    By Blogger night-rider, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home