AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I've been too busy to breathe...

in between harboring a 3 or 4 day sinus/tension headache.  It starts out as sinus and by the time the morning is fading it becomes a tension headache from walking around stiff-necked trying not to move my aching head.  I had hubby step on my back a little on Saturday that helped some.

I served as a teacher's aid in Pre-K yesterday.  Three and Four year olds are a breeze.  They come to school, eat breakfast, so the pledge, read a story, do the calendar, get assigned "jobs", do a craft, go to lunch, watch a movie (or go outside when it's not raining), take a two hour nap, eat a snack, pack up their back packs and go home.  The worst part of the whole day was unloading them from their cars in the morning (in the rain and humidity) and loading them into their cars in the rain in the afternoon.  My hair looked like crap yesterday.

If I don't get called in within the next half hour, I'm going to the transmission shop for my one week check-up.  While I'm there they'll have to run a diagnostic to see why the check engine light is on again.  When it rains, it pours.

WHAT, WHAT, WHAT is the deal with the post office?  Schools were open yesterday, the public library was open yesterday, the stores were open.  I think even our bank was open, but the post office?  CLOSED.  Why is Columbus Day a great big holiday for postal workers and not the rest of us?  Are we not American?  Do we not bleed red, white, and blue?  Do we not snore the star spangled banner?  OKAY, OKAY, I AM being ridiculous, but when one has bills that they waited until the last minute to mail...

|

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home