AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Friday, September 24, 2004

TGIF and What a Week!

I've barely had a minute to rest all week. One thing after another and I'm stressed to the max.

First off was the early part of the week when I sat at the transmission shop for two days in a row only to have the idiots at Cottman tell me that my transmission is running fine (well, to me, if the check engine light is on and coding as a transmission problem, that's just not fine). Then I took it to another transmission shop, handed them the codes and they told me it's an internal problem that requires taking apart the transmission. What they didn't tell me, but I did overhear while they were talking amongst themselves in the office, was that the Cottman guys probably didn't do it because it's a) a tough job and b) they don't have the right equipment to work on my make and model of vehicle. They will probably have to keep my car for at least week (and I live in the boondocks so it's impossible to be without my vehicle for a week), which means renting a car. AND it could be as much as $2,500. We're pretty depressed about it. We don't have that money. We have credit cards we could use, but we don't see how we'd keep up with the payments on the credit card then. We just finished spending a ton of money on a generator, clean up from the last hurricane and preparation for that hurricane and the one that's about to hit us this weekend. It's awfully discouraging.

And, where the school told me they could probably keep me working five days a week for some time, I've been certified for two weeks now and worked a grand total of THREE days. BTW, I STILL love this job. I worked this past Wednesday and had a terrific day. I'm getting into the swing of things and feel more confident too.

Almost every night this week I've had one meeting or another to put together. Monday night it was Women's Guild, Tuesday night it was the Parish Advisory Council (of which I'm a member), Wednesday night was nothing for me, but hubby had his prayer group that night, Thursday (last night) was the Open House at sweet son's school. Hubby and I have barely seen each other all week. I'm looking forward to tonight when none of us has anywhere to go. We'll have a leisurely supper of marinated, grilled chicken breasts and Spinach and Rice with Feta -yum. And then we'll probably couch potato it for a short while before hubby has to get to bed so he can get up at 3 AM and go to work.

Today is supposed to be the day hubby finally learns the result of his review/raise. His anniversary date with the company was right after labor day, but no one tells you anything until your first check with the new raise. I hope it's as good as we're expecting (not that it'll help much with the transmission), not only because of the transmission, but also because hubby needs some good news this week.

I had some very good news Wednesday. My anullment finally went through. I will soon be a full fledged-sacrament receiving Catholic. And our marriage will be blessed in the church. Then we will go down to Mexico to get married in the church where my husband was raised, as we'd promised his mother when she was on her deathbed -if we ever come up with the money to make the trip. Have a safe weekend and pray for us with this next hurricane coming in this weekend.

|

1 Comments:

  • Transmission Problems are not as bad as one were to think. al lot of the problems are made up in the idiot customers head

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home