AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Well, I'm feeling MUCH BETTER!

So, if you were thinking I was sick again today, you were wrong. If you were thinking maybe HR Lady's been busy all day catching up with things that should have been done for the past two days, you're wrong again. If you figured out that with only two weeks 'til the kid goes back to school I went shopping, then you're right. He's at an awkward size where he can fit in a younger boys 8 or an older boys 8 depending on the cut and the brand name. We spent an hour trying on pants after pants after shorts after shorts. No problem with shirts, we can pretty much hold those up to him and figure it out.

We came home with six new pair of pants, 3 new pair of shorts (it'll be hot here FOREVER, remember?) and ten new shirts. This gets us off to a decent start, since I just bought him a whole bunch of new stuff right before school let out. Next we'll have to go through everything again and get rid of too small stuff (sadly, there won't be many of these because his growth spurt seems to have sputtered to a stop). We'll have to reorganize the closet and the drawers. We'll have to resume school year bedtimes next week so that the kid can ease back into it, which also means I'll have to go back to getting up at 6:30 every morning -Yuck. Even if it's only a half hour 'til 7:00, that half hour will be sorely missed. At least I should still have my Saturday mornings -except once he gets into that schedule, he'll be waking me at 6:30 every Saturday. Blah.

I have some good news. I'm going to be working on illustrating a children's book. A new author. I've been working on my sketches for almost two weeks. I've submitted copies of older work, and then submitted my preliminary sketches to the author. He was quite pleased. We seem to be incredibly like minded on our vision for the main character and other aspects of the illustrations. Of course there'll be no immediate income from this (we have to get a publisher first), but it will just be exciting to finally use my creative side in a professional setting. The author is located in Australia so communication will mainly be over the internet. We're looking to publish both in Australia and here in the States. We're also considering a Spanish translation to be marketed in Spain -you do know I speak Spanish fluently don't you?

Well, I'm off to do some dinner prep and then my sketching. Have a great evening!

|

2 Comments:

  • Good for you, man!
    (or if you object to being called man)
    You go girlfriend.

    Kids books are cool.

    By Blogger Mr. Grim, at 5:58 PM  

  • Kudos on the book thing. Having a creative outlet is one of the few things that make life really bearable.
    Holy cow, though, school starts in two weeks down there? We've got until August twentysomething til it starts around here, and I don't even wanna think about school clothes....

    By Blogger Bigg, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home