AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Rain, Rain Come this Way

Rain, rain come this way,

Don't wait another day,

Little seedlings need you today.

Rain, Rain come this way.

My rose bushes were doing great. UNTIL THIS WEEK. No rain at all. I've been watering every two days, but apparently in 90 degree weather that's not enough. My pretty little rosebuds are drooping on their limbs. They look so sad and desperate. I did the Miracle Grow thing yesterday because I felt sorry for all of my plants. I mixed up 30 gallons in empty 1 gallon Spring Water bottles. In case you're wondering, it took forever AND my left hand has the slight bluish green tint of Miracle Grow crystals. I don't have a green thumb, but I do have a very green index finger. I've scrubbed my hands 7 times with antibacterial soap. The rest of the hand went white again. The index finger is STILL green.

On the upside, my watermelon and cantaloupes have their first little yellow blossoms and my peppers have a mixture of little white flowers and little baby peppers. I'm just going crazy bending at my deteriorating (really, clinically deteriorating) knees to water every day. A little rain would be a huge relief. Usually June begins our daily 3:00 p.m. thunderstorms. I wouldn't complain if they started today. I have actually been literally praying for rain. I never would have thought that I would want rain.

I do have Cherokee and Iroquois roots. I wonder if they ever did the rain dance? I wonder if it would work for me with my minimal Native American blood?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home