AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Friday, May 21, 2004

Holy Crap! She's finally remembered to post to her blog!

Actually, I hadn't forgotten about blogging. I've just been out of control busy. And not even in the wildly fun way. Last week was all about getting AC people out here to give estimates. This week was all about preparing for them to come work on the AC and then they actually were here ALL DAY Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon I developed a murderous sinus headache -which would have quickly dispersed if the predicted thunderstorms had made their appearance thereby reducing the atmospheric pressure. Instead, I suffered with it endlessly all night Wednesday night and all day Thursday.

Thursday the AC guys had to come back -I figure it was my sparkling personality, my twinkling eyes, and generally lovely self, but they said it was to replace the air intake grill so that it would stop sounding as if a jet plane were taking off from my bedroom. Either way they were here for a couple of hours. Then, the General Manager came by afterwards to check their work.

I was incredibly impressed by the fact that when he learned they'd made an error in their favor, he pointed it out to me and told me it would immediately be rectified. Apparently the CSR in the office had incorrectly prepared the invoice. She had indicated a lesser model of condenser where I had chosen the upgraded model. Had the GM not pointed it out, we would never have known. But in the meantime, I'll be spending another day with Jim Bob and Johnny (yes, their real names -didn't I tell you I live in Mayberry?) on Monday.

The kid is finally out of school so I should be back faithfully blogging daily in no time at all. Tomorrow we'll be going up to the college town of Gainesville (Go Gators!) to the Museum of Natural History. We're bringing our fossils with us for identification by the Paleontologist who will be on hand for that day only. We have a couple that we'd like more information on. If you've been reading me for more than a month, you probably remember my pictures of the prehistoric sharks tooth. Since then hubby has brought home what appear to be prehistoric whale's teeth, a prehistoric crab and a VERY LARGE prehistoric shell. While we do have vague ideas about those items, we'd still like to see what the Paleontologist has to say. I'm hoping to get treated to a good meal out in the mean time, though I am tempted to just pack a picnic -I hate crowded restaurants which is what you get on a Saturday in a college town.

Sunday the church is hosting a big end of year party for all of the Religious Ed kids and we're no doubt going to be tied to the grill or the cotton candy machine or the nacho machine or the popcorn machine or..... for a while. If we survive that, there's tons of gardening and Miracle Grow-ing to do. Blah. Busy Weekend ahead. Tonight I'm doing things up Fish Fry style -Popcorn Shrimp, Battered Filets, Hushpuppies, French Fries, etc. I think we'll eat in front of the TV while watching Green Acres -though why we watch it when we live it daily is beyond me.

Lately I've felt a little dry in the creative area, so if you have anything you'd like me to blog about or that you want to ask me, or a writing suggestion, or something you'd like to see more of in my blog let me know. Of course I'll still be writing what I feel like writing, but your suggestions might stir my creative juices. BESIDES, I BLOG FOR COMMENTS! =D

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home