AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

In case you guys didn't have this problem last night, I'll explain my last post. I went to check my blog to see if I had any comments and found that my blog had disappeared off the face of the web. I republished and republished. I logged in over and over again, but to no avail. Finally, in frustration, I created the post below. I hit post and publish and miracle or miracles my blog reappeared.

Anyway, as promised, I will be posting the Recipe for Stuffed Shells here today:


Stuffed Shells

15 oz container part skim Ricotta
1 Lg. Egg
2 c. Shredded Mozzarella/Provolone/Parmesan/Romano Blend
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 Tbsp Parsley
4 cups Tomato Sauce (if you make your own, it's best to make it a day or more ahead so that it's cooled when you use it.
3/4 c. Shredded Mozzarella/Provolone/Parmesan/Romano Blend
1 lb Package Jumbo Pasta Shells (I prefer Barilla)


Boil Shells for about 10 minutes. While Shells are boiling poor a small amount of sauce into the bottom of a 13X9 inch baking dish, enough to cover bottom and maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep. Combine first five ingredients, mix with fork. When shells are ready, drain and rinse in cold water. Discard broken shells (or save for a dish of broken pasta w/ Sauce). Preheat oven to 350. Fill shells with ricotta mixture, approximately 1 1/2 TBSp per shell. Place shells into dish, 4 or 5 per row until you've filled the pan. Drizzle remaining sauce over shells. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 c. Shredded cheese mixture. Cover pan with foil -tented to prevent cheese from sticking and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional five minutes.

Serve with green salad and bread. Plan on approximately 6 shells per adult. 4 per child. Double recipe if leftovers are desired. Triple for additional meal (so you don't have to cook on the weekend).

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home