AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

"To Sleep, Perchance to Dream; ay, There's the Rub." -Shakespeare's "Hamlet" - act III, i, 65-68

So I had this bizarre dream the other night and it was so vivid that I can NOT put it out of my head. I dreamed that I went to New York (nothing bizarre about that, though if you've been to THE CITY, you might wish to argue that point) by boat or something (that particular part was rather vague and surreal) and crossed under a huge bridge (I'm giving you every detail in case you can help me decipher this). The next thing I knew I was in a really big nice hotel. While I was there, I ran into someone from my past (don't know if it makes a difference, but the first time I ever went to New York I went with this person).

We were fairly happy to see each other and hugged and started talking. Then, I went to use the Ladies Room. I left the Ladies Room and met back up with my friend in the lobby. We decided to go for a walk, but suddenly I was kind of limping. So I looked at my shoes and now I was wearing two different shoes. I wasn't wearing two different shoes when I got there, nor was I limping. I was incredibly embarrassed.

But I tried to get past it. I took off my shoes and we were walking along a road (that actually seemed to countrified to be New York) and it started raining -pouring really. I still had my socks on. Then I remembered that I must have left my purse in the Ladies Room. I mentioned it and my friend seemed annoyed with me. Then I got kind of whiny and started complaining that we were walking in the rain and my socks were wet and I didn't even have my shoes. So my friend was annoyed, but still took off his shoes and handed them to me. I put them on, but didn't want them because they were men's shoes and too big. And then I woke up.

It's probably nothing but a silly dream because I ate some sort of strange food combination before bed or something, but I can't get it out of my head. I even thought about calling my friend up, but I actually haven't called this friend in ages. We're still friends, we've just always had this strange friendship where we can not see or talk to each other for years and then pick up right where we left off. I don't want to call and say, "Hey, I had the weirdest dream the other day and you were in it." He might get the wrong idea. It's just really bugging the crap out of me. I half think it must mean something. It was just too vivid -in color and everything.

Whaddya think?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home