AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I spoke too soon.

So two days ago I told you our rainy season has finally arrived. I foretold afternoons of lovely crashing thunderstorms. I dreamt of mornings spent over a leisurely cup of coffee reading blogs and writing marvelous posts.

I spoke too soon. No rain yesterday. No rain yet today. And the atmospheric pressure induced such an unbearable sinus headache that I was actually sick to my stomach all night.

I was awake on and off almost the entire night. I hate a headache so bad that you can't even sleep through the pain. And with the vomiting, I couldn't manage to take any more medicine for fear it wouldn't stay down. I finally got a couple of hours sleep around 4:00 a.m. and when I woke up felt brave enough to risk a cup of Sleepytime tea. That seemed to relax me enough to nap a little. I slept 'til 8 and woke with my head still pounding and my son playing remote control cars on the floor next to my head -not a way to get on my good side. Having successfully held down the tea, I got up and took another sinus pill around 9. And slept another three hours. Good thing my son is capable of getting his own breakfast. Now it seems to have subsided -maybe.

Now I'm rushing around trying to get the house clean again because I can't stand walking around in a pigpen and the cleaning fairies failed to show up while I was sick. I'll see you after 4 loads of laundry, one load of dishes, a vacuum marathon, and a Swiffer party in the kitchen. 1 bathroom down, 1 to go.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home