AM I FREAKIN' INVISIBLE OR WHAT?

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

MY VERY FIRST BLOGGER IDOL ENTRY! MY LITTLE BLOGGY IS GROWING UP : )

http://www.livingroom.org.au/blog/archives/blogger_idol-1.gif

I confess that while on the surface this appears to be quite an easy topic (and terribly apropo, considering it is now lent and many Christians use this time to confess and attempt a closer relationship with the Lord), there are actually so many facets to it, that one like myself could easily be tempted to ramble for days. I actually made a brief, half-hearted (Why is it 1/2 hearted? You never hear of anyone being 1/4 hearted or 1/3 hearted, but one does occasionally do something whole-heartedly -and is that heart half empty or half full?, but I digress -as is my habit) attempt at research before beginning my entry.

Wandered over to dictionary.com. Checked my Spanish-English dictionary to see if the translation gives a clue to the Latin origins (Not really, but I did notice that in English the word confess does contain two Spanish words -Con, which means with and Fe, which means with faith-a coincidence probably but "with faith" does seem to fit into the whole religious aspect of confession. I also did a search on the word -I was a little knocked out by endless pages of results, but what really struck me was the variety of associations with the word. I had everything from "Confessions of a Hot Horny Housewife (that ought to bring me into Yahoo's top 10) to articles on the validity of coerced confessions in the halls of justice (Have you noticed: you are purportedly innocent until proven guilty; however when you face the judge you either guilty or not guilty? Why is that? Have they already decided that regardless or whether or not your guilty of the crime at hand, everyone's guilty of something? ah, whatever) to "Confess your darkest sins here and receive absolution (who is crazy or brainless enough to put their deepest secrets and worst transgressions?).

The research alone was an eye-opening experience. I confess. I'm a little overwhelmed by confession. : l

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home